Admissions open annually each February in preparation for the new academic year that begins in mid-August and ends mid-June.
From our Enquiry Form submissions we will invite those that are eligible to apply.
You are strongly advised to contact the Admissions Office well in advance of your expected relocation date to determine if your children would be eligible to apply.
An application will only be considered for enrolment when it is complete. Please see the application checklist below for more information.
Those who are not eligible to apply will have the option to receive notification when admissions open for a specific age group.
Applications are only available from the Admissions Office to eligible applicants upon receipt of an enquiry form.
Application Checklist 2019-2020
Those eligible to apply following completion of the Admissions Enquiry Form will be sent an Application Package by the Admissions Office.
Note: The Admissions Checklist is subject to slight changes for the 2020-2021 school year.
The following items must be submitted in full to complete the application:
- School Records: Certified copies of academic reports for 2 previous complete years are required. Verified English translations are required (with official stamp). ITBS, MAPS and ISA standardized tests results should also be submitted, as applicable.
- Student Passport: Each applicant is required to submit a high quality copy of a valid passport for each nationality to be registered.
- Student Photo: In digital format, 1 high quality passport style photo appropriate for publishing member identity cards is necessary for each child.
- Parent Photos: In digital format, 1 high quality passport style photo appropriate for publishing member identity cards is necessary for each parent / guardian.
- Application Fee Payment: A payment of USD400 is required for each application made for the 2019-2020 school year. This fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Questionnaires: A parent questionnaire is required for all applicants. A student questionnaire is required for applicants to grade 6 and above.
The following items must be submitted directly to UNIS Hanoi by the current or most recent school:
- Teacher Recommendations: The confidential recommendation must be completed by the homeroom teacher for elementary aged students. There are two confidential recommendations required for middle and high school students; one from the mathematics teacher and the other from the English teacher.
- Writing Sample: Students applying to grades 1 through 5 must submit an unassisted English writing sample on any topic. This should be handwritten. Word processed samples are not acceptable.
- Official High School Transcript: To be submitted for students entering into grade 10 and above, or for those students who have completed part of a grade 9 programme at another school.
- Middle and High School Student Assessments: All students entering into grade 6 and above are required to complete English and mathematics assessments to assist in the placement process. Students who wish to continue the study of a foreign language must also complete a relevant language assessment.