Governance As Leadership Training Institute
Energizing and equipping a Board of Directors to embrace strategic governance and to operate at a generative level for the benefit of our institutions is no easy task.
But it can be done… with a little help!
This is what the UNIS Hanoi Board of Directors and their colleagues from more than 40 international schools have discovered, as they embarked together on a ground breaking journey over the last four years.
Co-authors of the seminal governance text, Governance As Leadership, Dr Richard Chait and Dr Bill Ryan, along with educational leader, Bambi Betts, have led Heads of School and their Board members through a series of training institutes that has transformed effective governance for schools.
The fifth annual GAL Training Institute will be held on September 8-9, 2018 hosted once again by Dr Bill Ryan and Bambi Betts at UNIS Hanoi.We are now open for registration.
- Institute fee is $800 USD for each delegate.
- We strongly encourage schools to attend in teams including Head of School/Director/Superintendent AND Board Members/Governors/Trustees.
- We have added an optional 'Job-a-Like' Pre-Institute session for Board Chairs at no additional cost. The session will be 12.30-16.00 on Friday September 7.
- Both a Friday night and Saturday night social event is included in the delegate fee.
- Also included is a complementary copy of Cathy Trower's Practitioners Guide to Governance As Leadership (distributed at the Institute).
The programme is being built directly in response to feedback from more than 280 delegates who have attended the last three years' events.
We will include:
- A detailed introduction for newcomers to the triple helix of governance; fiduciary, strategic and generative
- A deep dive with case studies to challenge even the most seasoned practitioners
- Focus groups for Heads, Board Chairs and Finance Board teams to explore in detail challenges faced in leadership, budgeting and Head of School evaluation
- Sessions designed to build school teams with differing levels of experience
- A detailed programme will be published in the Summer but we encourage you to sign up early to avoid disappointment as places are limited.
We will be partnering with InterContinental Hanoi Westlake for accommodation for delegates and will provide information for booking upon registration.
Please contact our Institutional Events Coordinator, Ha Dinh for more information of with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org