UNIS Impact Fund Committee
At the heart of the UNIS Impact Fund is the community.
This is a project fund to support learning made possible by community fundraising and all the decisions will be taken by the Impact Fund Committee - made up of students, faculty, staff, parents and alumni!
Do you want to help make fantastic projects for our students happen? Maybe the UNIS Impact Fund Committee is for you? Read on for details.
The UNIS Hanoi Impact Fund Committee (IFC) will ensure that funds raised in the name of the UNIS Hanoi Impact Fund are disbursed in accordance with their defined purpose, provide oversight of process and ensure integrity for donors.
The IFC will respect the UNIS Hanoi Impact Fund Programme Outline and all discussion and decision making will be within the spirit and context of the outline.
The UNIS Hanoi IFC is a decision making group at the designation of the Head of School who shall only intervene in the process if the spirit of the UNIS Hanoi Impact Fund is not respected, the guidelines not adhered to or the institutional reputation of the School is at risk.
We want to ensure all community voices are heard and have a seat at the decision making table. The approved composition of the Committee is:
- 6 students (2 from each division)
- 4 parents (2 appointed by the SCO Executive)
- 2 Faculty
- 2 Staff
- 2 Administrators
- 1 Board member
- 1 Alumni
With a community in transition, opportunities may become available on the Impact Fund Committee.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more.
Impact Fund Committee 2019-2020
The Impact Fund Committee has been approved as follows:
- Co-Chairs: Emma Silva (Director of Advancement) and Iraj de Silva (Parent)
- SCO Executive member: Chris Behr
- Parent members: Sandra Le Courtois and Gareth Harrison Poole
- Student members:
- ES: Vilma Niklasson G5 and Alan Daltry G5
- MS: Beatrice Reilly G8 and Andy Choi G8
- HS: Solene Shelley G10 and Eddie Lee G10
- Faculty members:
- ES: Christy Heitmiller
- MS & HS: Qingli Liu
- VN Staff: Han Bich Hanh and Nguyen Thi Bich Hien
- Admin member: Megan Brazil
- Board member: TBC (Michelle Dinh Jones attended as chair of the FTF and Board Member)
- Alumni member: Emmanuel Selvanayagam (Class of 2003)
Work of the Committee
The work of the committee is essentially two fold:
1. To evaluate and select the finalists for the Impact Fund Annual Campaign from community submissions, and present those finalists for community feedback - the Big Idea GOALS! Following feedback, the IFC will select the annual goals for the UNIS Impact Fund'raising campaign.
2. To evaluate and approve grants to individuals and small groups that make applications to the Impact Fund.
The first part of this work will be focused at the start of the School year. Meetings to review and decide the finalists for the Big Ideas are scheduled for:
- September 18
- October 24
- November 14
- November 28
The work to support smaller projects through grants will be ongoing throughout the year and will be coordinated by a Grants Sub-Committee.
The Committee will be expected to support fundraising for the UNIS Impact Fund and are encouraged to be involved, but are not responsible for it. The Committee's primary role is to ensure the funds are used for maximum impact!
For full details see the Terms of Reference for the IFC (Appendix A of UNIS Impact Fund programme outline).
Questions? Please contact email@example.com