Saturday Sports - The Evolution of Saturday Soccer
For over a decade Saturday Soccer has been a wonderfully successful programme at UNIS Hanoi, attracting hundreds of students each year. Initiated by an enthusiastic parent, the programme was created to meet the needs of the young soccer players at UNIS Hanoi and within our broader community.
However, over recent years and with a number of soccer/football academies that have begun in Hanoi these needs have changed. Therefore, we have decided to keep up with these changes and modify the programme accordingly.
After much thought and consultations with various stakeholders a decision has been made to pursue the following 'Saturday Sports' model:
Starting September 2019
Key Saturday Sports features
- The Saturday Sports model caters to a wider range of interests
- Sports have been aligned to compliment other co-curricular programmes at UNIS Hanoi
- 30 weeks of activity will be available instead of 20 weeks
- The seasons will align with ASA, UMA and Community Programme dates to support family planning
- Paid coaches will provide instruction and leadership, not volunteers
- The Brazilian Football School will lead the Futsal and Soccer
- The Thang Long Warriors will lead the Basketball
- Prices will vary according to each sport
- Saturday Sports will now come under the Community Programme umbrella
- Registrations for the Saturday Sports Programme take place on Veracross under Community Programme
- We will provide sports for students up to under 11's only
Although there will be significant changes, we would like to emphasize we will be maintaining the friendly, non-competitive ethos of the programme.
The time and duration of the various groups will be as follows:
- Under 6's: 08:15 – 09:00 (45 minutes)
- Under 9's: 09:15 – 10:15 (60 minutes)
- Under 11's: 10:30 – 11:45 (75 minutes)