Community Campus Access
UNIS Hanoi is committed to building a community of learners and is excited to open its gates for students, families and faculty/staff to enjoy its facilities outside school hours.
Our Community Campus Access programme allows our recreational and leisure facilities to be used by members of the UNIS Hanoi Community when they are not being used for curricular and cocurricular activities.
The facilities included in this programme (including common spaces and bathrooms) are the:
- Outdoor covered courts
- B5 outdoor court
- Artificial turf field
- Grass field
- School playground
The guidelines are for the safety of our community and for the protection of our facilities and include strict ID Badge and parental supervision/buddy requirements for students.
Community Campus Access Guidelines
- All use of facilities during the out of hours Community Campus Access programme is at the user/family’s own risk. UNIS Hanoi is not responsible for safety or supervision during these designated times.
- UNIS Hanoi ID Badge is required for campus access in line with our campus security regulations and must be worn at all times (unless involved with a sport activity and then it must be immediately accessible for spot checks by the security team).
- Bathroom (toilets, showers and changing areas) designation must be respected at all times. Toilets are marked with Student Only or Adult Only access.
- During Campus Community Access times the designated facilities are identified as informal recreation facilities and can be utilised on a first come first served basis. We ask that you respect the spirit of community and invite others to join and/or share spaces. For Facility Rental see the designated times and fees on the School website.
- Adult supervision (or High School sibling/designated babysitter) must be provided for all Elementary School-aged children at all times.
- Students in Grades 6-8 may not use the facilities on their own. They must be on campus with another UNIS Hanoi MSHS student (buddy system or group of friends) or their guardian.
- Students in Grades 9-12 may use the facilities without direct supervision.
- Any damage to facilities or equipment will be charged to the individual responsible.
- All adults and students enjoying the UNIS Hanoi facilities are expected to adhere to the same code of conduct as outlined in Student Parent Handbooks.
- No fees can be charged by community members for any activity or event held on the UNIS Hanoi campus as part of the Community Campus Access Programme.
- Goals, baskets, venue seating and other necessary fixed equipment will be available for use. UNIS Hanoi will not supply recreational equipment such as balls, racquets, hockey sticks, flying discs, etc.
- School sponsored programming takes priority over leisure/recreational use of the facilities.
- Guest Policy: A UNIS Hanoi faculty or parent is permitted to invite up to two non-UNIS guests to use a facility with them. This is usually, but not limited to, visiting friends or family members. The guest must accompany the UNIS Hanoi member and will be required to follow the same general guidelines and security procedures for access to campus. The UNIS Hanoi faculty/staff member will be responsible for the conduct of his/her guests.
* UNIS Hanoi student can only bring guest on campus upon approval from the principal.
Community Campus Access Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 15:30 to 18:00
- Wednesday from 14:30 to 18:00
- Saturday from 8:00 to 18:00 for facilities 1 to 5 mentioned above. Library opens on Saturday from 9:00 to 12:00
- During School holidays: Monday – Saturday from 8:00 to 18:00.
(Autumn Break, Two weeks of Winter Break, and Spring Break)
Playground After Hours Rules & Responsibilities
- The playground area is reserved for members and guests of the UNIS Hanoi community who are holders of a valid UNIS Hanoi campus card ID.
- The adventure playground is designed for children ages 6 and over. Serious injuries may occur if the playgorund is not used properly or if children are not properly supervised. UNIS Hanoi is not responsible for injuries or accidents caused while playing on this playground outside of school hours.
The following rules apply to playground use:
- Use the equipment responsibly
- Be considerate of other playground users
- Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- No food or drinks allowed in the playground except for designated areas
- playground users agree to follow instructions of school personnel
- Playground users may be asked to leave in cases of inappropriate or dangerous use
*All activities in this area are monitored by video surveillance cameras.