Community Campus Access
UNIS Hanoi is committed to building a community of learners and is excited to open its gates for students, families and faculty/staff to enjoy its facilities outside school hours.
Our Community Campus Access programme allows our recreational and leisure facilities to be used by members of the UNIS Hanoi Community when they are not being used for curricular and cocurricular activities.
The facilities included in this programme (including common spaces and bathrooms) are the:
- Outdoor covered courts
- B5 outdoor court
- Artificial turf field
- Grass field
- School playground
The guidelines are for the safety of our community and for the protection of our facilities and include strict ID Badge and parental supervision/buddy requirements for students.
Community Campus Access Guidelines
- All use of facilities during the out of hours Community Campus Access programme is at the user/family’s own risk. UNIS Hanoi is not responsible for safety or supervision during these designated times.
- UNIS Hanoi ID Badge is required for campus access in line with our campus security regulations and must be worn at all times (unless involved with a sport activity and then it must be immediately accessible for spot checks by the security team).
- Bathroom (toilets, showers and changing areas) designation must be respected at all times. Toilets are marked with Student Only or Adult Only access.
- During Campus Community Access times the designated facilities are identified as informal recreation facilities and can be utilised on a first come first served basis. We ask that you respect the spirit of community and invite others to join and/or share spaces. For Facility Rental see the designated times and fees on the School website.
- Adult supervision (or High School sibling/designated babysitter) must be provided for all Elementary School-aged children at all times.
- Students in Grades 6-8 may not use the facilities on their own. They must be on campus with another UNIS Hanoi MSHS student (buddy system or group of friends) or their guardian.
- Students in Grades 9-12 may use the facilities without direct supervision.
- Any damage to facilities or equipment will be charged to the individual responsible.
- All adults and students enjoying the UNIS Hanoi facilities are expected to adhere to the same code of conduct as outlined in Student Parent Handbooks.
- No fees can be charged by community members for any activity or event held on the UNIS Hanoi campus as part of the Community Campus Access Programme.
- Goals, baskets, venue seating and other necessary fixed equipment will be available for use. UNIS Hanoi will not supply recreational equipment such as balls, racquets, hockey sticks, flying discs, etc.
- School sponsored programming takes priority over leisure/recreational use of the facilities.
Community Campus Access Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 15:30 to 18:00
- Wednesday from 14:30 to 18:00
- Saturday from 8:00 to 18:00 for facilities 1 to 5 mentioned above. Library opens on Saturday from 9:00 to 12:00
- During School holidays: Monday – Saturday from 8:00 to 18:00.
(Autumn Break, Two weeks of Winter Break, and Spring Break)
Please note that visitors to campus that do not have a UNIS Hanoi Campus Card ID will be required to sign-in at the security office at the Main Gate and exchange a photo ID for a Visitor Badge.
- Before 16.00 all visitors will be escorted to appointments on campus by a member of our a security team.
- Between 16.00-18.00 no security escort will be required.
- 18.00 Campus closes.
Campus Card ID
Every member of our UNIS Hanoi community has an individual Campus Card ID which is required for access to our School campus.
This card serves both as an essential campus security ID and provides access to several school services on campus.
- Security: All non-student members of the UNIS Hanoi community are required to present a Campus Card ID card at the gates for entrance to campus. And must wear it all times on campus with an official lanyard (see detail below). Parents/Guardians who forget their cards will be required to sign in as visitors at the main entrance.
- Pay for Lunch: All students, faculty and staff will pay for canteen snacks and lunches with their Campus Card ID. Parents may also purchase snacks on campus when visiting. Load your family account for canteen purchases in one of three ways: 1) With a Campus Card ID at the cash kiosk in the canteen, 2) in the Business Office or 3) on our Campus Online site (details below). The money that is loaded onto this account will be available for all members of the family to use with their Campus Cards. Individual spending limits can be set on the campus online website.
- Library: You can use your Campus Card ID to check out books from the library.
- Printing: For Students, Faculty and Staff only the Campus Card ID is required to use the printers/copiers.
New Cards for New Families
New families receive their Campus Card IDs in their Welcome Packs on Orientation Day. If you have any queries about your student or parent Campus Cards please contact Admissions.
Cards for Home Support
Any member of your Home Support/Domestic staff who will be regularly on campus to either drop off or collect your children will need to have an individual Campus Card. This would typically include, Nannies, Maids/Housekeepers and Drivers. We also will use this same Campus Card for family relatives who are regularly on campus in a Home Support role.
Parents should complete the Campus Card Request Form for Home Support for each member of the Home Support team. There is no charge for new cards.
Please note, for ease of traffic circulation at busy times, cars with UNIS Hanoi permits will be allowed on campus without the driver wearing a Home Support Campus Card on a lanyard. However, if the driver leaves the vehicle he or she must wear a Campus Card on a lanyard.
For replacement cards for Students, Parents and UNIS Faculty and Staff, please complete the Campus Card ID Request Form.
Please note a charge of 220,000 VND will be made for replacement cards except for expired cards or student cards that are re-issued due to a move to a new division of the school.
Colour Coded Security
Please wear your Campus Card ID with you at all times on campus to help our security:
- BLUE Lanyards: UNIS Hanoi faculty & staff and students (when required)
- DARK RED Lanyards: Parents/guardians
- BRIGHT RED Lanyard: Home Support members (Maid/Housekeeper/Nanny/Driver and relatives regularly on campus)
- YELLOW Lanyards: For campus visitors (ID required for sign in at security)
Campus Online is the online site which allows all parents and staff to deposit funds onto a family account for use with Campus Cards for purchasing food and beverages at the school canteen. Cards are individual but the account is for the family. Parents can also use this site to view what their child has been buying from the school canteen or set individual spending limits for family members.
Please note that Home Support staff will be assigned to your family account and will also have access to the funds in the family account for the canteen.
Please note charges are applied by the provider for this online service.
For more information:
- Campus Online User guide
- Campus Online FAQ
- Campus Card Top Up Online Video
- Campus Card Online - Family Account Video
- Visitor Vouchers Video