Responsible Use Agreement
All students and parents are required to sign a Responsible Use Agreement as part of enrollment to UNIS Hanoi.
Technology and Learning Vision
UNIS Hanoi will be a leader in the region in the use of technology for learning.
Use of Technology
The use of technology by students and teachers at UNIS is for more than increasing productivity. Technology is integrated into the curriculum and into classroom practices to allow students to be creative and innovative, to encourage communication and collaboration, to develop research and information fluency, and to encourage critical thinking, problem solving and decision making.
Responsible Use Agreement
In order to be a responsible digital citizen it is important to abide by the following six conditions:
- Respect Yourself: I will show respect for myself and my digital activities. I will select online names that are appropriate. I will consider the consequences of information, images and videos that I post online, and I will not be obscene. I will consider what personal information about my life, experiences, experimentation or relationships I post.
- Protect Yourself: I will ensure that the information, images and materials I post online will not put me at risk. I will not publish my personal details, contact details or a schedule of my activities. I will report any attacks or inappropriate behaviour directed at me. I will protect passwords, accounts and resources.
- Respect Others: I will not use electronic mediums to flame, bully, harass, stalk or impersonate other people. I will not visit sites that are degrading, pornographic, racist or inappropriate. I will not enter other people's private spaces or areas. I will respect my classmates and teachers by only engaging in appropriate activity during class time (for example, no social media, gaming, chatting, etc).
- Protect Others: If I become aware of someone being flamed, bullied, harassed, stalked or impersonated, I will report this activity immediately. I will not spread inappropriate materials or communications.
- Respect Intellectual property: I will suitably cite any and all use of websites, books, media etc. in an appropriate way. I will only use images for which I am permitted. I will use and abide by the fair use rules.
- Respect School Property: I understand that UNIS Hanoi provides students with network access and (for MS students) school-owned devices. I will respect the security measures in place and will not attempt to bypass those measures in any manner.
Regardless of the device, while on campus I will use the school network and systems in a responsible and educationally appropriate manner.
I understand that responsible digital citizenship is an important aspect to maintaining a caring and supportive community. This is true not just of the UNIS Hanoi community but of all communities now and in the future. I agree to follow the principles of digital citizenship outlined in this agreement and accept that failing to follow these tenets will have consequences. These consequences may include, but are not limited to, the removal of unsupervised computer access and/or other disciplinary action.
Parent / Guardian Agreement
As the parents or guardians of a MS/HS UNIS Hanoi student, we have read and agree to the MS/HS Responsible Use Agreement. We understand that students will be given guidance on how to be responsible digital citizens and we will attempt to model and reinforce that at home as well. We understand that these six principles of digital citizenship apply to all members of the UNIS Hanoi community, including parents, and we will abide by them when interacting with the UNIS Hanoi community. We understand that, to an age-appropriate level, student's computer activities at home should be supervised to provide the highest level of academic and social support. We understand that internet traffic at UNIS Hanoi may be monitored as necessary to maintain the integrity of the network.