Hanoi is a vibrant, bustling, changing and exciting city to explore and discover!
The parent volunteers of the School Community Organisation (SCO) organise a bus tour to show new parents a glimpse of the city and is a great opportunity to meet other parents. Register here for the Bus Tour.
Below is a list of resources that new families may find useful. Take your time, surf the web and get a feel for the city!
- Moving to Hanoi? - Hanoi International Women's Club collection of practical information about moving to Hanoi
- Real Estate - VietLong Housing and Image Group Properties are agencies the school works together with (but there are many more).
- UNIS Hanoi families are spread throughout Hanoi, a large number choose to live in Tay Ho district or Ciputra (the residential compound in which UNIS Hanoi is located). Other areas where families live include the districts of Ba Dinh, Cau Giay, Long Bien and Hoan Kiem.
- 54 Traditions Gallery - Learn about Vietnam's 54 ethnic groups and traditions by scheduling a visit at this gallery. A great way to learn about Vietnamese culture from an anthropological point of view.
- Hanoi Connections - List of where to shop, online merchants, medical practices, fitness centres, electronics and more (hint: most places offer cash on delivery)
- Food Delivery - Choose a restaurant, pick your food and pay upon delivery (Vietnammm.com )
- Want to learn Vietnamese? Register for adult classes through our Community Programme!
- Connect via Facebook!
- UNIS Hanoi Official page
- UNIS Hanoi HS Senate (High School Senate student page)
- UNIS Hanoi Phoenix
- UNIS Hanoi ES Parents (closed group managed by parents, enter NEW FAMILY to all questions to join group)
- UNIS Hanoi MSHS Parents (same as above)
- WhereToGet Hanoi
- Foodies in Hanoi
- Hanoi Beautiful (women's group)
- Hanoi Kids
- Hanoi Parent Group
- Hanoi Pet Lovers
- Hanoi Buy Swap Sell
- Hanoi Family - A great google group for expatriate families to ask questions, find home help, purchase used goods and find out about local events for the family. To join simply email HanoiPlayGroup@gmail.com and ask to be put in the Hanoi Family group
- The Hanoi Grapevine - Online guide to events in Hanoi
- Asian Women and Friends in Hanoi - Asian Women & Friends in Hanoi (AWFH) offers authentic cultural experiences to our diverse membership community through a range of shared events and activities. Newcomers are welcome to join their monthly Coffee o'Clock events: Contact them at email@example.com
- Friends of Vietnam Heritage - Friends of Vietnam Heritage (FVH) is a non-formal group of mainly Hanoi residents from many countries, including Vietnam, whose basic goal the preservation and advancement of Vietnamese heritage and culture, and whose purpose is to enhance and deepen the understanding of Vietnam's culture. FVH functions as a non-profit educational group.
- Hanoi's Holistic Health Guide - This guide was created for the Hanoi community, to gather together practitioners in the name of health and wellness. Questions? Contact Karen Gay at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ready to explore?
Still have questions about your move? Contact our Community Liaison Officer, Nathalie Grun, for questions and support during your transition.
Kindly note that the resources above are not officially endorsed by UNIS Hanoi, but rather a collection of useful contact information pulled together to help families get settled.