Hanoi City area code prefix changes from 04 to 024 starting from 17 June 2017, therefore, UNIS Hanoi telephone number is now changed accordingly .
You will be able to use both the old and the new area codes prefix for a month after the change, then the old code (04) will stop working.
Call us at 024 37581551 from outside Hanoi City or with your mobile phones.
It is not necessary to dial the area code to call within Hanoi using a landline.
Building students’ agency, self-advocacy and their ability to take responsibility for their own learning with Dr Fran Prolman
October 22-23, 2016 at UNIS Hanoi
Dr Prolman will run a two-day workshop for teachers focused on building systems and using strategies to empower students to be in control of their learning. The training will provide teachers of Grades 3-12 classroom training and support to grow the concepts of student-engaged assessment practices, students’ ownership of their own learning, and the expansion of a culture of learning that builds rigor, persistence, collaboration, critical thinking, problem solving and independence.
Dr Prolman will facilitate a student-centred workshop with interactive teaching strategies that model the self-directedness that teachers should be striving to achieve in their own classrooms with their own students.
After attending this workshop teachers will:
- Define a clear and consistent vision of what students leading their own learning looks and sounds like
- Expand their repertoire of reflective practice tools and strategies
- Build a culture of collaboration and trust
- Build a data driven/evidence of student learning mindset for both teachers and students
- Expand their repertoire of student engaged assessments
- Analyze the critical attributes of descriptive feedback, and provide data-driven feedback to teachers and students, including teaching students how to give each other descriptive feedback
- Design learning targets and culturally relevant instructional strategies to meet them
- Collect and analyze alternative sources of evidence of student learning through a variety of checking for understanding strategies
- Facilitate student-led conferences and the development of student portfolios
- Deepen student engagement
- Incorporate strategic questioning within classroom practice
- Analyze the use of student discussion and higher level thinking protocols
About Dr Fran Prolman
Dr. Fran Prolman is an internationally recognized consultant specializing in educational leadership, school improvement and instructional strategies as well as communication skills, critical thinking and organizational development. Fran earned her doctorate in teacher training and international education from George Washington University and a Masters degree in educational administration and curriculum and instruction from the University of Pennsylvania. She has been a two-time Fulbright Scholar in both India and Israel, and has presented numerous papers and workshops nationally and internationally.
Fran brings 30 years of educational experience as a teacher, staff developer, administrator, graduate level university instructor and published author. She has made frequent presentations at state, national, and international conferences including the United States Department of State AERO Curriculum Institute, the European Council of International Schools, the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, Learning Forward, the Central and Eastern European Schools Association, The Tri-Association, The Mediterranean Association of International Schools, The African International Schools Association and the Near East South Asia Association of International Schools.
Much of her time is spent in multifaceted organizational development work with school systems throughout the United States and internationally. She is known for her depth of knowledge coupled with high energy and practical application of content. Fran incorporates a variety of training approaches: small group discussion, collaborative problem solving, videotape analysis, demonstrations and dynamic interchange through her work.
Fran facilitates leadership retreats for administrators, delivers system-wide keynote speeches and workshops, and coaches administrators in the building of professional learning communities, instructional supervision, evaluation and professional growth systems and the change process. She also facilitates workshops for teachers focusing on differentiated instruction, formative and summative assessment, classroom application of instructional strategies that enhance student achievement, critical thinking, and curriculum design for a Common Core standards-based classroom.
Dr. Prolman is President of The Learning Collaborative based in Great Falls, VA, and Vice President for Training for the Center for Arts in Basic Curriculum.
- The workshop will provide 15 hours of tuition over two days: October 22-23, 2016 at UNIS Hanoi.
- The workshop is available for EARCOS member schools only.
- Workshop fee: $75 USD (includes lunch on both days).
- Places are limited to 50 and will be assigned on a first come first served basis.
- Your place is not confirmed until we receive payment and travel arrangements should only be made when you have received confirmation.
- Registration and payment deadline is October 1.