Compensation and Benefits
Overseas Hire Expatriate Faculty
UNIS Hanoi's remuneration philosophy is to attract and retain highly qualified teachers. We are therefore committed to a competitive compensation and benefits package that ensures a good quality of life and high saving potentials.
The Vietnamese Government has exempted the employees of the United Nations organisations from Vietnamese personal income taxes. This currently applies to UNIS Hanoi expatriate employees. Salary and cash benefits are paid in US dollars.
- Base salary
- Salary supplement: 10% of the base salary.
- Relocation for faculty and dependents: shipping allowances, transport allowances at the beginning and end of the contract , settling-in allowance, furniture allowance
- Annual 'home leave' travel for faculty and dependents
- Living allowances: housing and utility
- Tuition for dependent child of single hired faculty: full waiver for first 2 children and 50% waiver for the 3rd for more
- Tuition for dependent child of teaching couple: full waiver for first 3 children and 50% waiver for the 4th for more
- Health insurance: Worldwide coverage, comprehensive health insurance for faculty and dependents with 10% co-pay up to $1,000 per person or $2,000 per family. Preventive care is covered 100%.
- Long Term Disability insurance: 67% of salary paid, 90 days waiting time
- Support to professional development opportunities : $1,200 per year
- Energize membership: complimentary for use of school gym and pool for faculty and dependents.