What is the Snack Sale?
The Elementary School Snack Sale is a long standing tradition at UNIS Hanoi. Over 25 years ago, the “Bake Sale” was created to raise funds for library books while providing students with the opportunity to taste a diverse range of snacks from all around the world! The Snack Sale has evolved into a fun opportunity for children to exercise choice, learn how to handle money and is raising awareness of the value of healthy snacks.
How does the Snack Sale Work?
There are four snack sales per academic year. All Elementary School classes are divided into four groups of contributing classes, so that each class will contribute to one snack sale. In order for your child to participate in the snack sale, please send him/her to school with money (Cost: 10,000VND per snack/ Limit 2 snacks per child).
The 2018-2019 Snack Sale Dates and Contributing Classes:
- September 17 (All Grade 3 Homerooms + Grade 2a + K2a + K2b)
- October 29 (All Grade 5 homerooms + Grade 2 b + K2c + K2d)
- February 18 (All Grade 4 homerooms + Grade 2c + K1c + Discovery a +Discovery b)
- May 13 (All Grade 1 + Grade 2d + K1a + K1b)
What to Bring?
As a Nut and Allergy Aware campus we require all snacks to include a list of ingredients. When it is your turn to be a contributing class, we encourage that each family supports the ES Snack Sale by providing:
- 10 individually wrapped homemade snacks (the value of each treat should be at least 10,000VND)
- A labeled container/dish with your child’s class and name
- On the morning of the snack sale, please deliver the snacks BEFORE 8.10am to the designated tables in the ECC or ES Courtyard
Healthy Snacks are Important Everyday!
Need Healthy Snack Ideas? Check out these yummy websites:
Please note, we will not sell any Choco-pies, chips, candies, pre-packaged cookies or chocolate bars.
Witness the best part of it all...
The kids faces light up when they see all the snacks available for purchase, but they love it even more when they see their parents at school! So if you're free for 1.5 hours on the morning of an ES Snack Sale come by, hang around and help sell the snack to the kids and be part of the action!
If you have any questions, please contact the ES Snack Sale Coordinators: Seung Shin Lee, Yuju Moon, Hiromi Ogura and Naoko Murakami at firstname.lastname@example.org .