School Community Organisation Funding Commitee
The SCO is a parent volunteer organisation working to support the Mission and activities of UNIS Hanoi. Each year, the SCO raises funds in course of implementing activities, such as the Spring Fair and Healthy Snack Sales.
A portion of those funds are available each year to carry out project ideas from members of the community. The funding process is designed to be fair, transparent, and community-based.
Who can apply?
Any member of the UNIS Hanoi community; including teaching staff, administration, faculty, students of all ages, student groups and parents are welcome to apply for SCO Project Funding.
What types of projects can be funded?
The kinds of projects that may be funded fall into three categories:
- Charitable Funding directly linked to Service Learning activities
- Match Funding applicable only when Service Learning groups demonstrate attempts to fundraise on their own.
- Institutional Enhancement Funding
- School resources, equipment or furniture outside of the regular UNIS Hanoi operating budget
- Workshop provider (including fees, wages and expenses for a specialist)
- Community building initiatives (including entertainment and production costs)
- Community publications (ie., Health Snacks Cookbook)
- Developmental and Educational Initiatives
- Connected to the UN SDGs
How to apply?
New ideas for project funding consideration can be submitted all year long! The committee meets monthly to review applications. If you have an idea for a project and wish to apply for funding please read these guidelines first to help you complete the submission form below:
Please note: This is a two-step process. All applicants will also need endorsement from a school official helping to manage/oversee the project. Applicants will all be contacted after submitting a proposal for follow-up questions and a meeting.
Criteria for evaluation is now under development and will be added here shortly.
Questions about the process should be directed to the SCO Project Funding Committee by emailing: SCO_Funding@unishanoi.org
Examples of projects that have been funded include:
- Track & Field Record Board for MSHS (2017-2018)
- Chuc Son Orphanage Hygiene Products (2017-2018)
- Grade 1 Play-based Learning Infrastructure (2017-2018)
- ES Gardening Area (2017-2018)
- Books and materials for Dutch Mother-tongue community (2017-2018)
- Community Flag Bunting (2017-2018)
- Vietnamese Cultural Programme for MS (2017-2018)
- PYPX-Plastic Pollution Documentary screening and translation (2017-2018)
- MS Student Council Leadership seminar (2017-2018)
- ES Kitchen Material (2017-2018)
- UNIS Hanoi School Song (2016-2017)
- UNIS Music Academy Teacher Professional Development (2016-2017)
- Score Record Board for Swimming (2016-2017)
- Danish Library Books (2016-2017)
- Hoi An Lanterns on campus (2015-2016)
- Movie Screening of 'Girl Rising' (2015-2016)
- Phoenix Mascot (2014-2015)
- Phoenix athletic chairs (2014-2015)
- Timing system for the swimming pool (2013-2014)
- Electronic notice board (2013-2014)
- Display project and dragon kite for the library (2013-2014)
- Thuy An Orphanage funds for Service Learning project (2013-2014)
- Kaleidoscope of Culture Carnival Entertainment and ticket subsidy (2013 - 2014)
- Compost bins for the school garden
- Outdoor seating
- Decorations for the Library
- Throw cushions for the Library
- Big drum and gong for the Centre for the Arts
- Badge making machine
- Cameras for the ECC
- Bedding/supplies for an Orphanage
- Production funding for the Operation Smile Charity concert
- and many more!
SCO Project Funding Committee
Ignacio Sevilla (SCO Project Funding Committee Chair)
Eunmee Lee (SCO Treasurer)
James Nation (UNIS Hanoi Parent)
Iraj de Silva (UNIS Hanoi Parent)