School Community Organisation
The UNIS Hanoi School Community Organisation (SCO) is made up of all parents and teachers at School and its mission is...
"To enhance and foster supportive partnerships throughout the school community in support of the UNIS Hanoi Mission."
By enrolling your children at UNIS Hanoi, all parents automatically become members of the SCO.
The main objective of the SCO is to advance the interests of the School Community and promote the well-being of the students, parents, faculty and staff who comprise the School Community.
The School Community Organisation at UNIS Hanoi:
- Acts as a bridge in community-building by promoting communication, understanding and cooperation among students, parents, faculty and staff including languagespecific cultural groups.
- Offers welcoming support and hospitality to families, especially new families of members.
- Facilitates opportunities for the administration andfaculty to meet with parents.
- Enhances UNIS Hanoi’s whole child learning approach in keeping with the mission of the school by sponsoring and supporting activities organised to those ends.
- Raises funds to benefit the UNIS Hanoi community, with a portion of the proceeds each year allocated to charity through UNIS Hanoi’s Service Learning Programme.
- Provides support to parents through opportunities for education and understanding, orientation, and other services, different from and complementary to the focus of the Community Programmes.
- Supports and promotes volunteerism in all aspects of school life including the Service Learning Programme, library and classroom, sports and arts activities, Board of Directors and its committees and Community Programmes.
School Community Organisation Core Values
- Positive and open communication
- Supportive involvement and inclusion
- Appreciation, understanding and celebration of thediversity and needs of the community
- Interest in fostering pride, fun and enthusiasm within the school
- Understanding that students benefit when parents are involved in their school
School Community Organisation Parent Volunteers 2018-2019
SCO Executive Committee:
SCO Communications Officer - Susan Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SCO Treasurer - Eun Mee Lee (email@example.com)
SCO ECC Chair - Esther van Tuiji (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SCO ES Chair - Garry Riechert (email@example.com)
SCO MS Chair - Chris Behr (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SCO HS - This could be you! (email@example.com)
Vietnamese: Hien Nguyen (Vietnam@unishanoi.org)
Korean ES: Naae Choi, Youngran Cho and Eunju Ha (ESKoreanCommunity@unishanoi.org)
Korean MSHS: Hyunah Lim, Miran Yoon and Mijeong Kim (MSHSKoreanCommunity@unishanoi.org)
Japanese: Setsuko Miki (ES) and Chiharu Iseri (MSHS) (Japan@unishanoi.org)
Interested in being a Cultural Liaison for your community? Let us know by emailing CLO@unishanoi.org!
Spring Fair - A collaborative leader! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Snack Sale - Seung Shin Lee, Yuju Moon, Hiromi Ogura & Naoko Murakami (email@example.com)
Used Book Sale - Still looking for volunteers! (Booksale@unishanoi.org)
Phoenix Boosters - Marieke van de Linden-Jurgens, Doreen Horsch and Gigi Sharman (Phoenixboosters@unishanoi.org)
Swim Club Parents - Molly Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Grants Committee - Nacho Sevilla, Eun Mee Lee, James Nation and Iraj de Silva (email@example.com)
School Community Organisation Constitution
The UNIS Hanoi School Community Organisation drafted and adopted its initial SCO Constitution on May 8, 2009 with the involvement of the UNIS Hanoi community. This Constitution was amended on June 9, 2015 and on May 21, 2019 to reflect the structural changes and growth of the School Community Organisation. These amendments to the Constitution were approved by unanimous community vote.