School Community Organisation
The UNIS Hanoi School Community Organisation (SCO) is made up of all parents and teachers at School and its mission is...
"To enhance and foster supportive partnerships throughout the school community in support of the UNIS Hanoi Mission."
By enrolling your children at UNIS Hanoi, all parents automatically become members of the SCO.
The main objective of the SCO is to advance the interests of the School Community and promote the well-being of the students, parents, faculty and staff who comprise the School Community.
The School Community Organisation at UNIS Hanoi:
- Acts as a bridge in community-building by promoting communication, understanding and cooperation among students, parents, faculty and staff including languagespecific cultural groups.
- Offers welcoming support and hospitality to families, especially new families of members.
- Facilitates opportunities for the administration andfaculty to meet with parents.
- Enhances UNIS Hanoi’s whole child learning approach in keeping with the mission of the school by sponsoring and supporting activities organised to those ends.
- Raises funds to benefit the UNIS Hanoi community, with a portion of the proceeds each year allocated to charity through UNIS Hanoi’s Service Learning Programme.
- Provides support to parents through opportunities for education and understanding, orientation, and other services, different from and complementary to the focus of the Community Programmes.
- Supports and promotes volunteerism in all aspects of school life including the Service Learning Programme, library and classroom, sports and arts activities, Board of Directors and its committees and Community Programmes.
School Community Organisation Core Values
- Positive and open communication
- Supportive involvement and inclusion
- Appreciation, understanding and celebration of thediversity and needs of the community
- Interest in fostering pride, fun and enthusiasm within the school
- Understanding that students benefit when parents are involved in their school
School Community Organisation Parent Volunteers 2018-2019
SCO Executive Committee:
SCO Communications Officer - Susan Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SCO Treasurer - Chris Behr (email@example.com)
SCO Lower ES Chair - Walaa Hassan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SCO Upper ES Chair - vacant (email@example.com)
SCO MS Chair - Garry Reichert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SCO HS - Pavla Jarkulischova (email@example.com)
Vietnamese: Hien Nguyen & Huyen Nguyen (Vietnam@unishanoi.org)
Korean: Min Jung Kim, Yukyung Seo & Yunja Yang (Korea@unishanoi.org)
Japanese: Setsuko Miki & Miho Motojima (ES) and Chiharu Iseri (MS/HS) (Japan@unishanoi.org)
Interested in being a Cultural Liaison for your community? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Fair - A collaborative leader! (email@example.com)
Snack Sale - Seung Shin Lee, Yuju Moon, Naoko Murakami, Haruko Dyer & Rumi Sugimura (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Used Book Sale - Alexis Rafleur & Aleks Brading (Booksale@unishanoi.org)
Phoenix Boosters - Nami Kritenbrink (Phoenixboosters@unishanoi.org)
Swim Club Parents - Molly Moore (email@example.com)
School Community Organisation Constitution
The UNIS Hanoi School Community Organisation drafted and adopted its initial SCO Constitution on May 8, 2009 with the involvement of the UNIS Hanoi community. This Constitution was amended on June 9, 2015 and on May 21, 2019 to reflect the structural changes and growth of the School Community Organisation. These amendments to the Constitution were approved by unanimous community vote.