Starting School Resource Centre
Welcome to UNIS Hanoi! We are here to support you through the transition process. This page is your primary resource for all the information that you need to start school.
All new families should plan to attend ORIENTATION DAY on 19 January 2018.
- Semester 1: 16 August 2017 - 19 January 2018
- Semester 2: 22 January 2018 - 14 June 2018
- One-page School Calendar 2017-2018
- The most current School Calendar is available online. All students/families will receive a printed calendar on Orientation Day.
Essential Information for New Families: This document will prepare you for your first days at UNIS Hanoi along and includes links to useful resources.
Our Community Liaison Officer, Nathalie Grun, is also here to personally support you through the transition! If you have any questions about settling in to school or general questions about Hanoi - please email CLO@unishanoi.org.
The Orientation Programme is essential for newly joining students and families to attend. You will have the opportunity to visit school information tables and complete practical tasks such as arrange school lunch and purchase PE uniforms.
Tin Tuc - 2017-2018 Welcome Programme Special Edition
- Map of campus
- UNIS Hanoi School Profile
- Board of Directors Information
- UNIS Hanoi Admin Team & Staff Directory
- Cafeteria Menu
- Campus Card Information
- Campus Card for Home Support - Registration Form
- Energize Information - Our parent community is invited to join the Energize club and use our top-class sports facilities
Co-Curricular Programme Information
- After School Activities Programme
- Sports Teams at UNIS Hanoi
- Arts Programmes at UNIS Hanoi
- Leadership at UNIS Hanoi
- UNIS Music Academy - Information for co-curricular music lessons at UNIS Hanoi
- Community Programmes
- Co-Curricular Handbook
Grade Level Guides 2017-2018
- Discovery Grade Level Guide
- Kindergarten 1 Grade Level Guide
- Kindergarten 2 Grade Level Guide
- Grade 1 Grade Level Guide
- Grade 2 Grade Level Guide
- Grade 3 Grade Level Guide
- Grade 4 Grade Level Guide
- Grade 5 Grade Level Guide
- Middle Years Programme Guide 2017-2018 (Grades 6 - 10)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme Guide 2017-2018 (Grades 11 - 12)
Online Resources for Hanoi
- UNIS Hanoi parent managed Facebook Groups
- The Word - online version of the free English Language monthly magazine with features and news as well as a guide to what's on.
- The New Hanoian - Hanoi's Community-Produced Local Reviews and Answers Guide
- The Hanoi Grapevine - Online guide to events in Hanoi
- Hanoi International Women's Club - The Hanoi International Women’s Club (HIWC) is a non-profit group whose membership is open to all expatriate women living in Vietnam. The objectives of the HIWC are to promote the development of social, charitable and cultural activities among its members, the Hanoi based expatriate community, and the people of Vietnam; and to provide a forum for expatriate women to identify and discuss issues of common interest regarding their personal and professional lives in Vietnam.
- Asian Women and Friends in Hanoi - A Group of Asian Women and their friends who promote friendship, camaraderie, and having fun sharing their talents, skills, hobbies and enjoying cultural exchange: Contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends of Vietnam Heritage - Friends of Vietnam Heritage (FVH) is a non-formal group of mainly Hanoi residents from many countries, including Vietnam, whose basic goal the preservation and advancement of Vietnamese heritage and culture, and whose purpose is to enhance and deepen the understanding of Vietnam's culture. FVH functions as a non-profit educational group.
- Hanoi's Holistic Health Guide - This guide was created for the Hanoi community, to gather together practitioners in the name of health and wellness. All efforts have been made to ensure the correct information has been provided and that the services listed are of a reputable nature. There will be no liability accepted. Any comments, edits or suggestions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Chameleon City - is a live support platform that gives users 24/7 access to a team of Insiders in Hanoi who help take the guesswork out of living abroad. This service is designed for international people/parents, especially the newcomers, would find Chameleon to be very useful as they settle into living in Hanoi.