Impact Fund Big Ideas
In 2019, our community goals were chosen by our students for the community fundraising. More than 1200 votes were cast to choose the final community goals with 78% from our students. More than $120,000 USD was raised from donations over the last two years and the funds have been allocated for the 2 GOALS projects Solar Power on campus and UNIS Botanical Garden to start implementation in the 2021-22 school year.
Now we are looking for our next Big Idea! And it could be yours!
Share your Big Idea with us by filling in UNIS Impact Fund Big Ideas Submission Form
Solar Energy - Prototyping Clean Energy
- Environmental impact of producing clean energy on campus
- Powering our own school needs - Potential to also contribute to grid
- Urgent need in Vietnam - Government priority for development - Community partners
- First step to campus wide solar plan - Philanthropy kick-start strategic plan
- Learning connections - energy, engineering, environment, data etc.
- To include a solar tree or flower at ground level for our younger students to make connections and to demonstrate our community's commitment more visibly.
(Developed from proposals from students, faculty and parents.
UNIS Botanical Garden
- Greening our campus by design with a plant collection directed by our learning community.
- Sensory plants, practical plants, medicinal plants, international diversity, bio-diversity - inspiring endless possibilities for learning.
- Campus indoor and outdoor planting in pots; both Vietnamese artisanal pots and self-watering plant pots, made from recycled waste, using recycled water
- Movable and scalable - Growing collection to be added to year on year.
- Improve AQI, reduce CO2 , create shade, improve aesthetics, learning environment benefits.
- Learning connections - Plant life cycles, data projects etc - All plants linked to an online digital catalogue.
(Based on proposals from a teacher and parents.)