We believe that great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, anytime! This week the UNIS Impact Fund Grants Committee met and reviewed Grant applications of amazing initiatives and ideas coming from students, teachers and local staff. And the Committee has approved four following project grants to be put into action:
- Supporting Keep Hanoi Clean – a registered Vietnam social enterprise to buy more safety equipments and to support their future projects/clean up events. UNIS Hanoi partnered up with Keep Hanoi Clean for a Community Cleanup event in October as part of our Saturday of Service programme.
- Upgrading the swinging seats in the reading corner of the Elementary School area through a teaching assistant-students’ DIY macrame project “Swing Chair Weaving“, using natural material such as rattan or bamboo reeds to replace the plastic material.
- Funding for the UNIS Game Design & Coding club – a Student Initiative Programme (SIP) for their development of a new game “Outbreak Simulator”. The funding aims to support the group to organise mini workshops about coding to the wider community as well as advertising cost for their new game.
- Supporting a great educational initiative by a teacher in building composting facilities on campus for D-12 students, teachers and staff can all get involved in waste reduction on campus, making compost to be used in school garden beds.
What is your idea?
So many great projects are making an impact in our community! Thanks to the support of the School Community Organisation (SCO) there are funds still available for more projects! If you have an idea for a grant proposal we want to hear from you. Find out more on the UNIS Impact Fund website.
Your idea should support the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and support the School in one of the following areas:
- Sustainability initiatives
- Service Learning
- Learning Excellence: Academics, Arts, Athletics
- Facilities improvements
- Professional Development