The UNIS Hanoi Board would like to recognise the outstanding contribution of Mr. Hieu Nguyen to the Board over the last ten years. Hieu joined the Board in 2011, and has served in the following positions and committees over the years:
- Board Secretary (2012-13)
- Board Treasurer (2013-2015, 2019-2021)
- Board Chair (2015-2018)
- Executive Committee (2012-2018, 2019-2021)
- Advancement Committee (2014-2015)
- Finance Committee (2011-2021)
- Governance and Policy Committee/ Committee on Directors (2011-12, 2015-2019)
- Buildings & Facilities Committee/ Campus Development Task Force,(2012-13, 2017-2018)
- Head of School Search Task Force (2016-17) and Transition Task Force (2017-18)
Hieu was parent elected to the Board in 2011, reelected to the Board in 2014 and moved to a Board appointed position in 2018. Very few Board members going back over the 33 year history of the school have dedicated so much passion and time to governance work at UNIS Hanoi. In addition to his Board and committee work, Hieu avidly attended and presented at regional International School & Governance Conferences, was one of the founding Directors instrumental in establishing the `Governance as Leadership Training Institute’ (GALTI) at UNIS Hanoi and was well known and sought out for governance advice and guidance in South East Asian International Schools community.
We are indebted to Hieu for such incredible commitment. He will be sorely missed by his colleagues past and present on the Board. Hieu has decided to step down, one year before the end of his last term, to dedicate time to family and other interests. Please join me in acknowledging the tremendous legacy of Hieu Nguyen’s commitment to the UNIS Hanoi Board of Directors.