Board of Directors
UNIS Hanoi is a not-for-profit private school that is governed by a Board of Directors. The Board is the policy-making body of the School. This group of volunteers are tasked with:
Hiring, nurturing and evaluating the Head of School who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the School
Developing strategic plans, ensuring their implementation and monitoring progress
Developing and approving school policy
Ensuring the financial health of the School
Leading and supporting Governance as Leadership Training Institute (GALTI) at UNIS Hanoi
Providing leadership to support and drive institutional fundraising.
The Board is composed of ten Board members, of whom three are appointed by the United Nations Resident Coordinator, two are elected by parents, four are appointed by the Board, with the Head of School serving as an ex-officio (non-voting) member.
All members of the Board are eligible to serve three terms. A term consists of four years.
Board of Directors
2 Vacant Seats
Michelle Dinh Jones, Board Chair
Lynne Gadkowski, Secretary
Ngo Thi Quynh Hoa
Dr Ananth Chikkatur, Treasurer
Maria S. Chung, Board Vice-Chair
Jane McGee, Head of School
Faculty Consultant to the Board:
- School Status - working with stakeholders, the UN and government agencies to strengthen the Sustainability of the School.
- Approve the Campus Development Plan including financing.
- Drive generative conversations to ensure we remain the market leader in the Hanoi international school sector while continuing to align with our Mission, Vision and Values with a focus on who we serve.
The Board appoints a number of committees and task forces to carry out its responsibilities and achieve its annual objectives and goals. Committees and task forces bring together Board members, school employees and interested parents who can offer expertise and commitment to research, analyse and discuss the details of a particular subject in order to bring thoughtful and clear proposals for Board consideration.
Committees and Task Force for 2022-2023 are:
- Executive Committee (Board Officers)
- Finance Committee (Board, Admin and Community Members)
- Committee on Directors (Board only)
- Campus Development Task Force (Board, Admin and Community Members) - Planned for Semester 2 - conditions permitting
Board Community Meetings and Communications
The Board holds a Community Meeting in Autumn, and an Annual General Meeting in Spring. It prepares an End-of-Year Report, as well as makes announcements in the School's e-newsletter and through direct email in order to report on its activities.