New Faculty Orientation
At the start of each year we ensure the very best start for our new teachers and students by investing in a 10-day New Faculty Orientation Programme.
The programme gives the best possible start to our new teachers both professionally and personally acclimatising to their new home and school, so they will be ready to welcome their students for the new year.
Before our overseas teachers even arrive, our Human Resources team will work with them for all their international moving needs including visas, flights and packing up (including pets!). Our Teacher Greeter team will also be in contact with new-hires from the moment their contract is signed, on-hand to answer all and any questions.
Once they arrive our Admin Team and Teacher Greeter team swing into action...
We meet all new Faculty at the Airport and transfer them to their hotel, which in recent years has been The Sheraton or the Intercontinental Hanoi Westlake, where they stay for the duration of the 10-day programme.
Our Teacher Greeters (current faculty) lead an Orientation Schedule which includes:
- Hosted dinners at local restaurants in Tay Ho area
- Scavanger Hunt to explore their new neighbourhood
- Tour of the Old Quarter and Street Food sampling
- Cheese and Wine evening at one of Hanoi's top hotels
- Parties at the Head of School's home and other Admin Team members
- Trips organised with any children for movie/pizza etc while the parents househunt!
- Househunting with approved local agents and help with contracts
- Shopping trips to stores for furnishings and equipment
- Health Care introductions with special visits from key healthcare providers
- Bank account assistance with a special visit from ANZ bank to set up accounts and credit cards
And most importantly...
- Tour of the campus - although you can start today with our virtual tour!
- Set up with personal tablet and multiple tech training sessions with our Tech Director for the way in which tech integrates throughout our curriculum D-12
- Planning sessions with the Principals ahead of school starting