UNIS Hanoi Swimming Pool Rules
Welcome to the UNIS Hanoi Swimming Pool! We want the swimming pool to be a fun and safe place for everyone. Please make yourself familiar with the following Pool Rules and Regulations.
Who Can Use the Pool
Only UNIS Hanoi Community Members are eligible for Energize Memberships. UNIS Hanoi Community members are those persons who are UNIS Hanoi employees, UNIS Hanoi Alumni and current UNIS Hanoi families (which includes parents and children). New families will be eligible to join Energize on the first day of the school year or at that point during the school year when the child becomes an attending student at UNIS Hanoi.
All Energize members are asked to show their Membership Card to the lifeguard and sign-in each time they want to make use of the pool. If you forget your Membership Card, another piece of identification must be provided and you are still expected to sign-in. The lifeguards cannot be expected to know every Energize member and each person in their family. Please cooperate by having your identification with you.
UNIS Hanoi Pool Safety Regulations & Expectations
- Swimming is prohibited unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- All participants must obey the directives of the lifeguard at all times.
- Lifeguards will report those members who are not adhering to Energize and Pool rules.
- Failure to abide by any of the pool rules may result in the loss of pool privileges.
- Children 11 years old and under must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or other responsible adult who is over 18 years of age.
- Please avoid loud and potentially dangerous activities, such pushing or pulling each other into the pool, or throwing kids from the edge into the water.
- A swim cap is required for hair that is shoulder length or longer. Caps are available from the lifeguards.
- There is no running on the deck or inside the changing rooms.
- Inappropriate conduct that endangers the safety of pool users is not allowed.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Sitting on the lane ropes is not permitted.
- Diving is not permitted in the shallow area (closest to the changing rooms).
- Back dives or flips are not permitted.
- Glass containers of any kind are strictly prohibited in the pool area.
- Swimmers must shower before using the pool.
- No eating, drinking or chewing gum is permitted on the pool deck or in the water.
- UNIS Hanoi assumes no liability for any personal injury or loss of or damage to personal property.
- Radio devices without headphones and excessive noise are not permitted.
- Appropriate attire is required in the pool area:
- Swimsuits only are to be worn in the water (no cut-off jeans, etc.)
- Children still using diapers must wear rubber pants along with their diaper
- No smoking or alcohol consumption is permitted.
- No bicycles, roller skates, skateboards, inline skates, frisbees or any motorised vehicles are permitted within the pool area.
UNIS Hanoi Lifeguards
Currently, the lifeguards on duty during Energize hours are:
- Ms. Thuy
- Ms. Lan
- Mr. The
- Mr. Jairo (coverage)
- Whenever infants and toddlers are in or around water, an adult should be within an arm’s length, providing “touch supervision.”
- The responsible adult must maintain constant eye contact with the child if they are in or near the water, without engaging in social activities, conversations, phone calls, reading, computer use, swimming laps or any other distracting activities.
Young Swimmers (ECC- G5 students)
- Children under the age of 5, or beginners of any age (UNIS Hanoi levels 0-3) are allowed in the 25m pool only when accompanied by their own parent/guardian.
- Children under the age of 5, who are supervised by a babysitter/caregiver, must stay in the toddler pool.
- Babysitters are encouraged to get in the toddler pool for supervision and play.
- Parents need to explain the following to babysitters and caregivers:
- the potential hazards that can happen in a pool area
- the need for constant supervision of the children in their care
- their requirement to follow any instructions given by a lifeguard.
Beginners and weak adult swimmers should remain in the toddler pool or the shallow end of the 25m pool, using only lanes 1 and 2.
We encourage families with children and family members of different swimming abilities and ages to use lanes 1 and 2 for games, fun activities and leisure swimming. Diving and the use of floating/diving toys and balls is only permitted in lanes 1 and 2.
Lanes 3-6 are for lap swimmers. No games or crossing between the lanes are permitted in these lanes. Please be mindful of others who are in the pool at the same time as you.
Advanced and Intermediate Swimmers
- Advanced lap swimmers will use lanes 5 and 6. Intermediate lap swimmers will use lanes 3 and 4.
- These lane assignments will be adjusted to accommodate Aquatics Academy lessons.
Lap swimmers should be prepared to share the lane with others. When more than 2 swimmers are in the same lane, laps must be swum in a “circle” going counter clockwise. No diving is permitted from the blocks in lanes 3-6 when other swimmers are using the lanes.
All Energize members are welcome to use the swimming equipment that is available on the pool deck (e.g. fins, kick boards, floating and diving toys). Please return equipment to the shelves when done.