Hanoi City area code prefix changes from 04 to 024 starting from 17 June 2017, therefore, UNIS Hanoi telephone number is now changed accordingly .
You will be able to use both the old and the new area codes prefix for a month after the change, then the old code (04) will stop working.
Call us at 024 37581551 from outside Hanoi City or with your mobile phones.
It is not necessary to dial the area code to call within Hanoi using a landline.
Our school curriculum reflects the broad community we serve. Though not able to meet the requirements of every national system which our students represent, we do provide a comprehensive curriculum that reflects the school's mission.
The curriculum aims to develop the whole person in a caring and positive environment that emphasises academic achievement, international awareness, respect and individual responsibility as well as involvement in the community.
The curriculum is framed by the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme which provides a worldwide designed model for concurrence in learning. We offer the Diploma Programme for students in the final two years of secondary school, the Middle Years Programme for students in the Grades 6-10 range, and the Primary Years Programme for students in the Discovery Programme (3 year olds) to Grade 5.
A continuous review cycle ensures that all areas of the curriculum are reviewed during a five year period to maintain its currency, relevance and appropriateness to our community and ever changing world.
The UNIS Hanoi Curriculum...
- is based on the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme - Discovery to Grade 12 - which aims to develop the individual talents of young people and teach them to connect the experience of the classroom to the realities of the world outside.
- places strong emphasis on the ideals of international understanding and responsible citizenship as demonstrated by the ideals and principals of the United Nations.
- emphasises a skills and process approach which is based on what is known about how children and adolescents develop and learn: accentuating the learning process as individualised and stressing how students learn as a complement to what they learn.
- stresses learning as an interactive, integrated process, which focuses strongly on the connections between subjects especially through the use of language across the curriculum.
- aims to develop awareness of the media and competence in information technology.
- aims to develop an appreciation of Vietnamese culture across all areas of the curriculum.
- stresses all subjects have an essential role to play in the delivery of language across the curriculum.
- respects the cultural, linguistic and experiences diversity of the School community.
- values the family as essential partners in their child's education and strives to meet the academic and pastoral needs of all students.
- encourages student reflection on what they have learned or achieved as a way of developing student ownership of their own learning.
- is a comprehensive and balanced curricula that recognises assessment as central to learning and reflects rigorous and challenging outcomes in all areas.
- extends beyond the classroom in a variety of extra-curricular ways.