Starting School Resource Centre
Welcome to UNIS Hanoi! All new families should plan to attend ORIENTATION DAY on 15 August 2017.
- Semester 1: 16 August 2017 - 19 January 2018
- Semester 2: 22 January 2018 - 14 June 2018
- One-page School Calendar 2017-2018
- The most current School Calendar is available online. All students/families will receive a printed calendar on Orientation Day.
This page will be your primary resource centre for all the information that you need to start school. We are now planning for your arrival. This page is being updated as soon as resources are finalised, so watch this space!
Essential Information for New Families: This document will prepare you for your first days at UNIS Hanoi along and includes links to useful resources.
If you have any other questions about Hanoi or settling in to school and don't know who to ask, our Community Liaison Officer, Nathalie Grun, is more than happy to be of help!
The Orientation Programme is essential for newly joining students and families to attend. You will have the opportunity to visit school information tables and complete practical tasks such as arrange school lunch and purchase PE uniforms.
Orientation Programme (see programme for overview and note different starting times for MSHS Students)
10.45 - Grades 7 - 12 early Orientation start for students only
12.15 - Grade 6 Orientation start for students only
13.15 - ALL Parents register in Sports Centre (ES Students join with Parents)
Early Childhood Centre (ECC) Transition Schedule
In order to ensure the most successful start to the year for all the youngest members of our community, school days are shorter for both NEW and RETURNING students in Discovery, Kindergarten 1 and Kindergarten 2.
View the ECC Transition Schedule here.
Middle/High School Summer Recommended Reading 2017
An integral part of the UNIS Hanoi Middle and High School English and Languages of Acquisition Department is our focus on independent reading. We strive to emphasize free choice reading and discovering texts and books that interest, inspire and challenge your thinking.
Click on this Summer Recommended Reading list for Middle School, High School and World Language reading recommendations and assignments.
Tin Tuc - 2016-2017 Welcome Programme Special Edition(Note: 2017-2018 edition will be published in August)
- Map of campus
- UNIS Hanoi School Profile
- Board of Directors Information
- UNIS Hanoi Admin Team & Staff Directory
- Cafeteria Menu
- Campus Card Information
- Campus Card for Home Support - Registration Form
- Energize Information - Our parent community is invited to join the Energize club and use our top-class sports facilities
Co-Curricular Programme Information
- After School Activities Programme
- Sports Teams at UNIS Hanoi
- Arts Programmes at UNIS Hanoi
- Leadership at UNIS Hanoi
- UNIS Music Academy - Information for co-curricular music lessons at UNIS Hanoi
- Community Programmes
- Co-Curricular Handbook
(2017-2018 edition and Vietnamese and Korean versions published in August)
Grade Level Guides 2016-2017
(2017-2018 version published in August)
- Discovery Grade Level Guide
- Kindergarten 1 Grade Level Guide
- Kindergarten 2 Grade Level Guide
- Grade 1 Grade Level Guide
- Grade 2 Grade Level Guide
- Grade 3 Grade Level Guide
- Grade 4 Grade Level Guide
- Grade 5 Grade Level Guide
- Middle Years Programme Guide 2016-2017 (Grades 6 - 10)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme Guide 2016-2017(Grades 11 - 12)
UNIS Hanoi Student Guides to Vietnam
Explore the School and country with the help of these website created for new families and students discovering UNIS Hanoi and Vietnam by our Grade 8 students as part of their Humanities coursework in 2013-2014:
Online Resources for Hanoi
- The Word - online version of the free English Language monthly magazine with features and news as well as a guide to what's on.
- The New Hanoian - Hanoi's Community-Produced Local Reviews and Answers Guide
- The Hanoi Grapevine - Online guide to events in Hanoi
- Hanoi International Women's Club - The Hanoi International Women’s Club (HIWC) is a non-profit group whose membership is open to all expatriate women living in Vietnam. The objectives of the HIWC are to promote the development of social, charitable and cultural activities among its members, the Hanoi based expatriate community, and the people of Vietnam; and to provide a forum for expatriate women to identify and discuss issues of common interest regarding their personal and professional lives in Vietnam.
- Asian Women and Friends in Hanoi - A Group of Asian Women and their friends who promote friendship, camaraderie, and having fun sharing their talents, skills, hobbies and enjoying cultural exchange: Contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends of Vietnam Heritage - Friends of Vietnam Heritage (FVH) is a non-formal group of mainly Hanoi residents from many countries, including Vietnam, whose basic goal the preservation and advancement of Vietnamese heritage and culture, and whose purpose is to enhance and deepen the understanding of Vietnam's culture. FVH functions as a non-profit educational group.
- Hanoi's Holistic Health Guide - This guide was created for the Hanoi community, to gather together practitioners in the name of health and wellness. All efforts have been made to ensure the correct information has been provided and that the services listed are of a reputable nature. There will be no liability accepted. Any comments, edits or suggestions can be directed to email@example.com.